Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Seeds - An Evening Rite

Tonight, when I performed the Evening Rite, I felt very intensely "into" it.  With rites that someone performs daily or on a regular basis, there are times when, despite your best efforts you feel as though you are just going through the motions, and there are times when everything "clicks".  This was one of those times for me.

The Rite itself consists of an invocation to Sarasvati, the Hindu Goddess of Wisdom, and listening to an Oracle of Hers.  Then Ratri is invoked with a hymn, and the blessing of Earth is called.  Then Ninlil and water, Isis and air, Devi and fire, and Demeter and spirit.  Following that is a period of silent communion.  After the communion, healing is sent and the Goddesses are thanked for their grace.

With the invocation of Ratri there was a "zing" that went up my spine and body, an electric, intense force that traveled over me in a wave.  It was very potent, and I felt Her presence very strongly.

On most days I don't get much feeling from the communion portion.  I merely remain silent and keep myself open.  Tonight, though, intuition tugged my body into the Wings of Isis a.k.a. Goddess posture to receive wisdom.  (Some of this, like the wisdom part, is coming spontaneously.)  I contemplated each of the Goddesses seperately, fought to keep my thoughts under control and calm, and tried to "stare" at my third eye by focusing both of my physical eyes upwards and towards each other, and I felt a repeat of that "Zing!" that I felt with the hymn to Ratri, but much more forceful and internal.  I felt the energy shooting up within me, dancing back and forth, and saw a serpent inside myself, writhing and dancing upwards, and I had the impression of a cobra's head coming out of my crown and facing forwards.

My eyes opened as the energy poured up, and I sent out healing to those who needed it as well as the rest of the Aset Shemsu.  I would keep drawing energy up and releasing it in a warm, orange-red wave towards the object.  I haven't felt energy surge through me like that in quite a long time.

I said my thanks to the Goddesses, put out my candles, contemplated, then decided to record the experience.

One thing to note is that I was playing with kundalini energy just before performing this rite.  It is possible that this enhanced it, but it's something that doesn't "just happen" for me, I need to be in the mood, which I suppose is only appropriate given the energy and my methods.

In any case, I thank:

Sarasvati the Wise, of the Golden Eyes,
Ratri, the gentle Night,
Ninlil who bathes in the pure stream,
Isis who moves the air with Her wings,
Devi who guards the flame and is the flame,
and Demeter, the source of Ambrosia and Earth Mother.

Blessed Be,
Amma Iset

No comments:

Post a Comment